You can enter budgets in Efficio by going to the Financials tab in the navigation bar, then the Tools tab under Financials and choosing the Budget option under Tools.
From here you will have 3 budgeting tools:
- Set Budget (Single Month) : Used primarily for reforecasting and making edits by month
- Set 12 month budget: This is the Total Business Unit budget. Used to create a new annual budget for a Business Unit and an AE at a time. If you have multiple Business Units, you need to do this for each unit and each AE on that Business Unit.
- Set 12 month secondary budgets: used to create an annual budget by budget category for business unit and AE. The secondary budgets do not have to add up to the Total Business Unit budget. These two budgets are not tied together.
Set 12 Month Budget
Before setting a 12 month budget
- Set the budget criteria in terms of the year, Local/National/Regional and Business Unit
- Once criteria is set click Select
Business Unit budget can be entered in one of 4 ways
- Enter your total Business Unit budget dollar amounts directly in Efficio as shown on the screen below.
- A budget can be copied from excel. If copying a budget from excel, the page layout must be as depicted on the screen. Once copied, click on the first cell in Efficio i.e. 2020 Jan and paste. Then click into the next cell that is Feb, the excel budgets should be copied for the whole year without having to copy and paste each month.
- A budget can also be copied from a previous year or entered as a percentage increase from a previous year. To do so select the Tools button. From here budgets can be copied from a previous year or copied as a percentage increase from previous year.
- Finally if you choose to use the monthly AE budget totals for the Total Business Unit Budgets, this could be done from the TOOLS screen as well. See above screenshots. If you have chosen this as your budgeting tool to determine station budgets, it is important to note that any subsequent changes to AE budget will not automatically update the Business Unit budget. After making edits to an AE budget you must choose roll up monthly AE budget totals to the Business Unit Budget again and then Save Budget.
Please remember to SAVE BUDGETS
before navigating away from the page.
Entering 12 month AE Business Unit Budgets:
The total Business Unit Budget for each AE per Business Unit is entered from the same screen as setting 12 month Business Unit budget. If you are revisiting this page at a later time, you must reselect the criteria in terms of year, Local/National/Regional and Business Unit.
AE Business Unit Budget Totals need not add up to the Total Business Unit Budget
The total Business Unit Budget for each AE can be entered directly into Efficio or copied from excel.
Set 12 Month Secondary Budgets
- A secondary budget is a subset of your total budget. It is a breakout budget that you want to measure, such as Digital or NTR.
- You may enter a secondary budget for all your budget categories, for some or none of your budget categories. Secondary Budgets do not have to add up to the Total Business Unit Budget as these two Budgets are not tied together.
- Secondary Budget can be entered overall for each Business Unit or for each AE or both.
- The Business Unit Budget that is entered on the Set 12 month Secondary Budget screen, is not your Total Business Unit Budget. It is the Total Budget for the Business Unit for the selected budget category. Similarly the AE Business Unit Budget on this screen is the total budget for an AE for a chosen budget category.
- Before setting a 12 month secondary budget, the budget criteria in terms of the year, Local/National/Regional, Business Unit and Budget Category must me selected. Budget category could be Internet, NTR, Spot, Trade or any other as defined in your setup. Once criteria is set, click select to go to the next screen.
- Budget for each budget category needs to be entered one category at a time by Business Unit.
- The tools button can be used to copy budgets as is or as a percentage increase for a previous year.
- The monthly AE budget totals (for each secondary budget category) can be rolled up to the Business Unit Budget (for each secondary budget category), by using the Tools Button. I you have chosen this as your budgeting tool it is important to note that any subsequent changes to AE budget will not automatically update the business unit budget. After making edits to an AE budget you must choose roll up monthly AE budget totals to the Business Unit Budget again and then Save Budget.
This is used primarily for reforecasting or when you need to adjust a budget one month at a time.
- Set the criteria by Selecting Time period, Business Unit, Local/National or Regional and the %confidence for pending. Once criteria is set, click display budget.
- Enter the new dollar amount for the Total Station Budget and New Dollar amount for Each Secondary budget category.
- Please remember to SAVE New Station Budget and SAVE Business Unit Secondary Budget.
Clicking Edit/View above will lead you to the AE Summary Page (Shown Below). Here you can make edits to the AE Secondary Budget by category. You can also edit the AE Business Unit Budget on this summary page. Click Save AE Budget Changes before navigating away from the page.